My Five Beauty Obsessions: Claudia Chan
Now, as the founder of ClaudiaChan.com, the 38-year-old is dedicated to promoting and inspiring women both personally and professionally.
Chan created the S.H.E. Summit (now in its second year), a conference packed with women-led leadership and lifestyle events. It’s no surprise, then, that her top five beauty faves all come from companies started by women. Here’s what the face of ClaudiaChan.com trusts on her skin:
1. EvePearl Salmon Concealer ($39) Former NBC makeup artist, and the personal artist of Ariana Huffington, started this product line that eschews parabens. I’m all for multi-tasking, and this concealer does double-duty on blemishes and under the eyes. Just a dab helps me look awake and polished.
2. Pratima Vata Essential Oil ($36) My yoga teacher Susannah turned me on to this Ayurvedic product line, founded by Pratima Raichur [an Ayurvedic doctor who’s made skin health her specialty]. This essential oil is formulated for my specific dosha. When I take a whiff I literally feel the stress rolling off my body.
3. Strange Invisible Perfume in L’Invisible ($135) I’m a bit of a perfume addict—I like to mix up my scent and will wear a different one every day depending on my mood. This is definitely a favorite of mine, though. The line was started by the legendary perfumer Alexandra Balahoutis, who’s committed to making each scent from 100 percent certified organic botanical essences.
4. Fresh Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatment ($22) I know this product has been mentioned so much, but it really is a fantastic staple. I love the plum lipstick because it also moisturizes.
5. Dermalogica Stress Relief Treatment Oil ($38) I’m such a huge fan of company, and I really admire founder Jane Wurwand, who basically turned the skin-care industry upside down. I like to blend their Stress Treatment Oil with body lotion. It has such an amazing scent and makes a great hydrating addition to any body lotion. —Carla Vass