You May Also Like

Tips from Blake Lively's Trainer

The official Blake Lively workout, straight from her trainer

Try the Julianne Hough workout with dance breaks

Take your workout to the next level like Julianne Hough with a (dance) cardio break

bethany meyers be.come

Bethany C. Meyers’ new fitness app is inclusive AF and we’re here for it

Is chocolate milk better than sports drinks?

Science says chocolate milk has major exercise recovery cred—but is it *actually* the best option?

Reasons to skip your next HIIT workout

How long should your HIIT workouts actually be?

6 moves Shakira does whenever, wherever she needs a good butt workout

6 moves Shakira does whenever, wherever she wants a good butt workout

Cyc shakes up the spin scene with three new classes


Austin Wedding Photographer, Tara Welch PhotographyParty-on-a-bike indoor cycling brand Cyc Fitness (which is in five US cities from Austin to Boston and New York City) is announcing today that it’s pedaling towards appealing to a much wider range of rider personalities.

While most spin studios have a signature method that sets them apart (Flywheel for competitive types, SoulCycle for rhythm junkies), Cyc will now offer four different class styles, with the three new formats hitting the schedule at all locations this Thursday, November 19.

“I wanted to create something for everyone,” says Cyc Method creator (and crazy popular, passionate instructor) Keoni Hudoba.

Hudoba says 70 percent of the studios’ schedules will still be stocked with the signature 45-minute ride that includes four strength-training songs with weights. The remaining 30 percent will incorporate the three new classes—CycLift, CycLean, and Cyc60.

Lift, just like it sounds, will be for those into strength training, since 60 percent of the ride will involve hand weights, and the resistance on the bike will be turned up a few notches.

On the other end of the spectrum, Lean will eliminate weights all together and just include a balance of heavy and light resistance with hills, jogs, and jumps. “It’s really for people who want to just ride and lose their mind…for those who literally want to just come in and sweat their ass off,” Hudoba says.

And Cyc60 will tack on an 15 extra minutes to the normal class length, “for the rider who’s ready for an extra challenge and wants to leave it all on the bike,” he says. —Lisa Elaine Held

Before you hit any indoor cycling studio, learn the lingo you’ll need to tackle your first class like a pro.

(Photo: Cyc Fitness)

Loading More Posts...

You May Also Like

8 things to do in NYC Labor Day Weekend

9 things to do in NYC this Labor Day weekend

Is chocolate milk better than sports drinks?

Science says chocolate milk has major exercise recovery cred—but is it *actually* the best option?

bethany meyers be.come

Bethany C. Meyers’ new fitness app is inclusive AF and we’re here for it

Jonathan Van Ness, yoga pro? Yes, who knew?

Who knew? Jonathan Van Ness is as good at yoga as he is at hair

Try the Julianne Hough workout with dance breaks

Take your workout to the next level like Julianne Hough with a (dance) cardio break

Tips from Blake Lively's Trainer

The official Blake Lively workout, straight from her trainer