Location: Well+Good Headquarters in the Financial District, Manhattan, New York
WellandGood.com, the online publication obsessed with your health and wellness, has an opening for an Articles Editor to join our growing team.
In this position you will report directly to Well+Good’s Editorial Director and work closely with the editorial team to perfect the copy turned in by our growing team of staff and freelance writers. (Note: This is not a reporting role.).
This is an ideal/exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about editing and perfecting voice, tonality and overall quality of the written word.
Are you excited about being at the ground floor of growing, innovative, dynamic digital media organization? Apply already!
Mantra: Maintain the Well+Good voice, tone and wit.
• Edit on average 25-30 stories per week
• Maintain consistency, readability, and accuracy of Well+Good editorial voice
• Proofread copy, improve its clarity, spelling, and punctuation, and, if needed, infuse with house voice and tone
• Edit newsletter subject and cover lines
• Edit internal and sponsored social media
• Edit sponsored copy: Dedicated emails and partner listings
• Edit special editorial features, as needed
• Minimum 5+ years experience as a senior editor/executive editor at a fast-paced journalistic website or publication (this is not a role for an associate level editor)
• A context and a passion for healthy living and the wellness scene is ideal (you speak Barry’s Bootcamp, Flywheel, and Juice Press)
• Experience managing and coaching teams
• Experience working directly with high-profile advertisers and/or interview subjects
• You produce quality content quickly, and with wit and sophistication
• Incredibly diligent and self-motivated and wants to contribute
• Accurate, thorough, incredibly organized, and detail-obsessed
• Stickler for deadlines: Ability to manage multiple simultaneous workstreams and projects—an ace at prioritization
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills—written and verbal
• Curious, interesting and interested in the world of online publishing and digital innovation
• Mac experience preferred, as well as knowledge of WordPress or other CMS, Google Analytics, SEO tools, MailChimp or similar email program, Google Docs, Excel, and general Internet savvy
• Photoshop and Adobe Suite experience a plus (not required)
Competitive salary and health insurance
To apply for this full-time position, complete the online form here.