The 5 best and worst nutrition bars

1 / 14

best and worst nutrition bars While nutrition bars can be part of a healthy need-protein-now lifestyle, there's good reason they're not stocked next to the kale and broccoli. Most are hiding tons of added sugar, carbohydrates, and calories—not to mention additives that cause digestive distress.

Well+Good broke out the reading glasses for a closer investigation into which bars are best—and which to stay away from. To help us read the labels, we tapped brainiac Ariane Hundt, founder of Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp, who has a master's degree in nutrition.

After evaluating more than 30 brands, here are our findings for the five best and five worst nutrition bars on the market—and a bonus selection of organic and raw bars that look way healthier than they are. —Jenna Holt; research by Elisabeth LaRosa

Five Best Nutrition Bars

1. Kind Blueberry Pecan + Fiber

This is a no-nonsense, 10-ingredient bar made with simple, whole foods like almonds, blueberries, honey, and brown rice. Although it's a little low in protein (just 3 grams), Kind bars are a clean and quick on-the-go bit of fuel. Though the grams of sugar can creep up in some of the other fruit-and-nut varieties, this one has just 12 grams, which is on the low side for nutrition bars.

www.kindsnacks.com

Five Best Nutrition Bars

2. Quest Coconut Cashew

In a pinch for protein? Ariane Hundt’s absolute favorite is this brand-new bar that manages to pack 17g of fiber and 20g of protein into only 170 calories. Quality ingredients like almonds, coconut, sea salt, and whey protein isolate are both satisfying in taste and in nutrition requirements, she says.

www.questproteinbar.com

Five Best Nutrition Bars

3. Larabar Uber Roasted Nut Roll

We love that these sweet and salty bars contain a mere 14g of carbohydrates, which is just enough to keep you going without weighing you down. And with only 7g of naturally derived sugar, there’s no head rush after every bite. The nuts definitely keep this bar in check. (We can't quite say that about many of the fruit-based bars in the Larabar line.)

www.larabar.com

Five Best Nutrition Bars

4. Zing Almond Blueberry

This is a great gluten-free, soy-free, and wheat-free bar with all organic ingredients. Hundt likes that Zing contains whey protein isolate, a staple ingredient for post-workout success. "Easily digestible and absorbed quickly into your system, whey protein powder is excellent for immediate muscle rebuilding and restoration," says Hundt. Plus, the whey helps to boost the amount of protein in this bar to 11 grams.

wwww.zingbars.com
Five Best Nutrition Bars

5. Health Warrior Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chia

Four years after Dr. Oz praised the power of chia seeds as a source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 essential fatty acids, they’re still going strong. We love that they're finally being added to nutrition bars. Even with decadent-sounding organic peanut butter and cocoa powder, this vegan bar by chia brand Health Warrior is high in nutrients and low in sugar (4 grams) and calories (just 100 per bar).

www.healthwarrior.com
Five Worst Nutrition Bars

1. Luna LemonZest

Just because it’s advertised as a “woman’s bar” doesn’t mean it should have a place in your purse. These bars are filled with difficult-to-absorb minerals and vitamins (like Vitamin D2) that will slow your body down instead of giving you that desired burst of energy, says Hundt. We're also nervous about the amount of soy and the presence of vegetable glycerin in it, too.

Five Worst Nutrition Bars

2. Clif Bar Coconut Chocolate Chip

Heading to yoga, barre, or spin class? This snack is not for you. Clif Bars are intended for endurance athletes who need 42g of carbohydrates and 22g of sugar to power through a four-hour hike or climb up the Andes Mountains, not an hour-long workout. The first ingredient on the label is brown rice syrup (not helpful if fat-burning is your goal), and the company uses soy protein isolate as the main source of protein, which is known for causing digestive stress, inflammation, and thyroid problems.

Five Worst Nutrition Bars

3. Pro Bar Superfood Slam

Don't let the word "superfood" lure you in. This bar has an appealing ingredient list, but the combined result is low on protein and fiber for its high number of calories (350) and carbs (46g). The label tells you straight up that this is a meal replacement, not a snack. But for virtually the same amount of calories, Hundt points out, you could have any one of these 400-calorie breakfasts made with whole foods, which would keep you satisfied three times longer.

Five Worst Nutrition Bars

4. Balance Bars S’mores

Balanced carbs, protein, and fat: yes! Balanced ingredients? Not so much. Balance Bars source their protein from soy, leaving you bloated and gassy. They also use a handful of unnecessary oils, sugars, and an artificial flavor-enhancer calcium caseinate, known to cause migraines and cognitive issues.

Five Worst Nutrition Bars

5. Amazing Grass: Green Superfood Berry Whole Foods Energy Bar

This bar is a Code Red sugar overdose (26 grams). Fructose, found here in high quantity in dates and dried cranberries, is one of the leading contributors to our nation’s obesity epidemic, and an arch-nemesis of Hundt's. “Fruit sugar makes you fat faster than regular sugar because it overloads the liver,” says Hundt. "Since it can only be metabolized by the liver, one third of fructose calories are automatically stored as fat." Not to mention that fructose leads to overindulgence because it doesn’t signal the brain that the stomach is full. All this kind of defeats the point of buying it for the wheatgrass and broccoli extracts.
RAW AND ORGANIC DOESN’T MEAN HEALTHY

Yes, the labels are loaded with organic and often carefully sourced ingredients that have been minimally processed, but that doesn't mean they're a heath food.

1. Garden of Life Organic Fruits of Life Summer Berry Bar. If you really want to waste 250 calories on a snack, reach for a Snickers bar, because they contain the same 29g of sugar per serving. These bars will leave you tired and hungry due to an insulin spike from the sugar and 46g of carbs.

2. Blueprint Cashew Date. If we were solely judging bars based on their ingredients, these raw, gluten-free bars would be an all-star. However, we also spy 30g of carbohydrates and 22g of sugar on the nutrition label. Not to mention there’s a hefty price tag of $4 per bar, notes Hundt. Stick to the company's cleanses and juices and leave this new product in the dust.

3. Organic Food Bar Active Greens Chocolate. Organic ingredients or not, this bar still racks up a whopping 26g of sugar and 15g of fat—more than the average person needs in a regular meal! It'd be a lot healthier to steam some broccoli rather than get your greens this way.

1. July 16th, 2012 at 8:55 am

Well I’ve only ever eaten Luna bars! I wish this information was more common knowledge! But thanks for the new bar recommendations! Excited to try some new stuff!

xo
    Dalia

2. July 16th, 2012 at 10:53 am

I so agree, used to love Luna Bar Lemon Zest! Loved the info from this article. Thanks.

3. July 16th, 2012 at 12:55 pm

I do love Luna bars (c’mon, they are delicious) but I view them as a “healthier candy bar” mostly. I keep them in my desk to help me keep the willpower to pass on birthday cupcakes or doughnuts at the office (they’re definitely a better option there).

4. July 16th, 2012 at 1:31 pm

This article is a joke, simply reading off the calories etc from the labels. Getting organic ingredients, whole foods, sprouted foods, alkaline foods, that is to say quality produce in a bar is more important IMO. Bars like everything else should be eaten in moderation. If you are moderate, eat healthy whole foods including lots of cegetables most of the time and lead a healthy lifestyle, then the amounts of calories and fiber will take care of themselves. The bars you preferred are mainly non organic processed junk.

5. July 16th, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I have tried Luna Bars before and I can say first hand they are not an effective “diet bar”. I would tend to agree with Kelly, a Luna Bar is more of a healthy candy bar. I would classify it as more of a healthy snack on a cheat day…

hope this helps :)

6. July 17th, 2012 at 1:13 pm

A well-informed article. So many snack/nutrition bars out there have all the right health buzz words: raw, superfood, vegan – but still contain way too much sugar, cheap forms of protein, or too many calories. It seems as though most people aren’t looking for a meal replacement – they’re looking for a snack that will get them through their errands, something they can carry in their purse, that doesn’t have the nutritional stats of a candy bar (even if said candy bar contains “greens.” Get your greens, fruits, etc. from real, whole foods, and use a snack bar for what it is – something to keep your energy from crashing!

7. July 17th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

A bit surprised to read Clif bars and Luna Bars on this list, although I am training for a marathon and LOVE clif bars. Hmmm, the lemon zest bars being on the “don’t-eat” list also surprised. I will agree with Christopher above; my mantra is “everything in moderation.”

8. July 17th, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I think bars are an effective tool for some, but shouldn’t replace healthy whole food meals. If you travel for business or need healthy meal options at work / on the go, they are good to have on hand. Of the bars featured in this post, I personally would only recommend Quest Bars because the Carb to protein ratio is the lowest and they are high in fiber. Even though some of the other bars on the “best” list have an impressive ingredients list, they still have a lot of carbs. Quest Bars also use whey protein (which many scientific researchers agree is healthier than soy protein) and they have an All Natural Line (in addition to the Original Line, which is 99.95% all natural, according to their website). Another great option is the Tanka Bar (buffalo – cranberry bar) or straight-up beef jerky, like Paleo Brands Beef Jerky.

9. July 17th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Hi THere,

Thank you your article is very insightful for training. Loved it.

xs

10. July 21st, 2012 at 3:57 am

I’m a big fan of Zing Almond bars myself, but I fulfill my nutritional needs from a variety of sources. The absolute best resource on nutritional supplements I know of is “The Truth About Supplements.” It’s a guide that covers just about every aspect of supplements; what you need for a specific workout, which ones work and which ones don’t, etc. My review of it is here.

11. July 26th, 2012 at 8:38 am

Great post! I bookmarked your site so I’ll be back again when I have more time to look around :)

12. July 30th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I think you should specify your desired demographic for this article, eg “5 best and worst nutrition bars – for weight loss”. As someone who is trying to ‘bulk up’ after a recent surgery, I imagine a best and worst list for me would read about the opposite. Please be more thoughtful when dealing with the ‘unequivocal’ – you note that Cliff Bars are a great option for people with certain interests, and then leave it on the ‘worsts’ list.

13. August 8th, 2012 at 4:32 pm

That Quest coconut bar tastes horrible….and that is coming from a person that likes the taste of 98% of protein bars out there. Horribly sticky consistency as well.
    I realize this is a nit-picky review, but I just want to potentially save someone from spending $ (I paid $2.50) on it.

14. December 3rd, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I also love love LOVE YogaEarth Keen-WAH bars!!

15. January 18th, 2013 at 7:59 am

I commend you on making the most important point in your first paragraph. Sure, nutrition bars may be tasty but, for the average person going to the gym looking to shed a few pounds, they can add just enough calories to negate the energy burnt during the workout. I tell my clients and patients to just stick to water during their workouts and nix the energy bars and sports drinks (unless needed for long-duration exercise/sports). Keep up the good work. Cheers, Bill Sukala,PhD

16. January 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

What is the protein content on the Amazing Grass bar? Even though it has a high sugar content, from the dates (natural sugar) if there is a decent protein content it blocks/slows the absorption of sugar into the blood stream. This bar should definitely not be listed in the worst category.

17. January 26th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Also, FYI sugar, aka glucose is necessary as fuel for athletes. So it depends on what you are using the bar for. If it’s an energy bar, you definitely want the extra sugar.

18. March 19th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

THANK YOU!!! Fiiiinally someone is recognizing Quest as one of the best nutrition bars on the planet! i discovered these bars about 2 years ago, and I’ve eaten 1 per day every day since. Incredible taste, incredible nutrient profile, simply amazing.

19. April 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 am

The fructose found in fruits like dates is totally natural and NOT the same as High Fructose Corn Syrup, which IS one facet of the obesity epidemic. (A close friend of mine has been doing 80/10/10 for 2 years and she is the furthest thing from obese while consuming an average of 5,000 calories a day eating fruits and veggies, including large quantities of dates and bananas. Living proof that a fruitatarian can run marathons). Please do better research.

20. James
    May 10th, 2013 at 5:17 am

These bars or OK once and a while but you can’t beat real whole food for healthy snacking.

21. May 10th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Hands down, the Quest bars(all of them, many flavors) are thee best in my 12 years of research and personal experience, for me. Low, low sugar, great protein and fiber, and tastes thee best of any bar I’ve had. It changed my attitude, it helps to keep me on track, I don’t get a big fay gut…..just can’t say enough about Quest bars, thank God I found them.

22. tamra
    May 13th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

have you tried kate’s? real food bars – are amazing! http://katesrealfood.com/ easy on the tummy and so tasty! i an an avid outdoor adventurer and these bars are the best!

23. Jenny
    June 6th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Gosh I had no idea Luna bars were so bad for you! Interesting to read about the natural sugar content in some of these nutrition bars – it had never occurred to me that cranberries might be a problem.

24. August 23rd, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Yeah, you really have to read the labels. Even then however, it can be difficult to put it all into perspective. Here is a cool graphic that dissects a Clif Bar to show you exactly what is inside: http://whatsnickeating.com/2013/04/14/dissecting-a-clif-bar/

25. August 27th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Have to admit I wasn’t surprised to see Cliff bars on the list, just because my gut kept telling me something with that big an ad campaign (and available in every store / walmart) must have something fishy about it.

And yep, totally agree, if you’ve got a good diet and eating regularly vegetables etc then you probably shouldn’t be snacking on nutrition bars but some days you really need a bit extra.

Thanks for all the info Ariane, awesome stuff

26. September 27th, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Great research very impressed! I did a google search for organic protein bars with no nuts or whey. I found two out of the 13 protein bars you mentioned. Zing dark chocolate Mint,

Health warrior has chia seeds this is a new find for me. I love chia seeds. I am hiking and water rafting into the Grand Canyon and need healthy snacks.

thanks!

27. October 26th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Fruit sugar will make you fat faster than white? Get the hell out of here. All faith in this article, out the window after that.

28. October 30th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

So happy to see Quest Bars included in the “Best” list. Nutritionally speaking, these really are the best protein bars on the market. And 17 grams of fiber!!! Are you kidding me!? Amazing. My trainer introduced me to them on my new diet. I eat one every day as my snack in between my breakfast & lunch. Lets just say that fiber keeps me “beyond regular” (ha!) & my tummy feels full without that heavy feeling. These bars do have a “slight aftertaste” but they are a far cry from “disgusting.” I love the coconut cashew & banana nut muffin – my fave flavors.

29. November 21st, 2013 at 11:36 pm

The bottom line here is every single one of these bars is nothing more then processed food. If you’re concerned about health or you want to lose weight or you want to be healthy you simply eat whole one ingredient foods from the earth! End of story. Fruits vegetables salmon and other healthy fish. There is no such thing as a healthy processed food.

30. December 20th, 2013 at 1:56 am

I sure wish these writers would GET REAL and disclose the gas/flatulence that these bars give us. Luna Bars – I only eat them if no one will be around me 3 hours later, worse than eating at McDonald’s.

31. December 20th, 2013 at 11:27 pm

My trainer turned me onto quest bars…and I love them. They are filling, have a good amount of protein and fiber. The ingredient list is also relatively short, which is usually a good sign. My favorite is the apple pie…stick that bar in the microwave for ten seconds and bam…mmmm. Of course the comments are true…these bars should be fallback plans…you know work ran way longer than it was supposed to and you have to be at the gym in twenty minutes for leg day but not on an empty stomach. They shouldn’t be a diet staple. I sneak mine in on nights when I NEED dessert.

32. scarlett
    December 26th, 2013 at 8:44 pm

For weight loss..Good or bad it’s all about CALORIES people. LUNA bars are 180 calories, no big deal 180 calories for a dessert or snack is no big deal. they are delicious and filling. If you have a sweet tooth but are on a diet why not enjoy a sweet treat for only 180 cals and 70% organic with vitamins doesn’t hurt either.

33. December 31st, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Despite efforts by the Weston Price Foundation and paleo people in general to convince you that soy is somehow unhealthy, the scientific studies clearly show that soy is a healthy protein source with many benefits. One can search the thousands of studies done on soy via PubMed or elsewhere for the truth.

34. January 1st, 2014 at 7:54 pm

So sad about Luna Bars!! They are my fave grab and go for work! and I don’t know about the others but I know Kind and Larabar’s are at least twice as much as Luna Bars.

35. January 1st, 2014 at 7:55 pm

And Dave, I don’t care how healthy soy is, if I eat it it gives me really bad gas, worse than beans ever had, thanks but no thanks.

36. January 11th, 2014 at 5:23 pm

As I try to gain weight from a spell of being too healthy (crazy? Yeah, I know!) Luna bars are a saving grace! Normal granola bars are much lighter and easy to get sick of. Luna bars are a quick way to get calories, carbs and protein. Switching off between Luna’s and normal granola bars help me out a lot. It is not true to say that certain bars are “Bad” because we all need them for different things. Not everyone needs to lose weight.

37. January 15th, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Wow you really have no understanding of fruit, please educate yourself and read 801010 and look into Dr Doug Graham before telling people horribly wrong information about fruit, you are just causing so much damage.

38. January 21st, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I would like you to check out a new bar in the market – Oorja Nutrition Bar. At http://www.oorjabar.com.

I am the CEO and founder. I sincerely believe it will change the landscape of nutrition bars. This is the world’s first nutrition bar that has every good thing and none of the bad things – High Protein, Low Net Carbs, Low GI, High Fiber, Gluten Free, GMO Free, Low Sugar, Low Sodium, Sourced from Organic Ingredients, All healthy fats, No Chemicals, No Artificial Preservatives, No Additives, No Artificial Sweeteners or Sugar Alcohols, No Bitter Aftertaste.And tasty.

Check out oorjabar.com. There are also videos of strangers tasting the bar for the first time and getting impressed.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Krishna Rathi
    Oorja Nutrition LLC

39. January 25th, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Nice information. I just created my recipe and know for sure what your eating.

1/2 cup of Buckwheat in water overnight rinse. three to four table spoons of chia, teaspoon of raw honey a table spoon of blackstrap molasses two table spoons of almond peanut butter mush together cut in sections and you have a healthy snack for workouts , hikes etc. (all organic ingredients of course.) Great for diabetics.

40. February 2nd, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Saw Krishna’s message above. I want to second Oorja Bar. Happened to be in SF where they launched the bar. Also on their website. It is unlike any bar I have tasted. It is actually healthy and tasty at the same time. Who knew? High protein and no artificial crap. Go check it out.

41. February 27th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

WTF I’m not scrolling through 13 pages to find the dumb answer. I’m going somewhere else. Idiots!

42. February 27th, 2014 at 4:31 pm

in LOVE with Quest Bars!

43. March 5th, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Love the comparison of bars and the reality of hidden garbage that can lurk in them. I prefer the Lara bars due to the simple and minimal list of legible ingredients. Great article!

44. March 8th, 2014 at 6:57 am

Although I’m sure all of these are great, nothing compares to making a batch of your own!! There’s no guessing there and no one knows your taste like you!

45. March 12th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I wish that this had been labeled best bars for weight loss. I am recovering from a restrictive eating disorder, so I need extra calories, sugar, and carbs along with my protein.

46. March 14th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Some of these bars, if not all, aren’t bad for the average person. Read the labels. They all say how much sugar and carbs they contain. Most bars are meant to be a meal replacement,mso 250 calories isn’t all that bad. I make my own bars using 3 cups of rolled oats, a cup of peanut butter (organic), four table spoons of agave, a cup of dried blueberries, four tbsp of berry powder ( I use natural sources maqui berry blend) and a cup and a half of applesauce. Mix and put in glass pan for 30 minutes). Let cool thoroughly and cut into squares or bars. A one ounce bar has 160 calories, 14 carbs and 9 g of sugar. They may not make any lists, but they are filling and yummy,

47. March 16th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Good Greens. They’re amazing. Check them out.

48. March 17th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

The Quest Bars mentioned contain Sucralose, which is Splenda. Why would that be of any benefit when it has been linked to certain cancers in lab tests ?

49. March 20th, 2014 at 10:31 am

Does anyone have any opinions about Bumble Bars?

50. March 20th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

The “bad” bars aren’t unhealthy, they’re just dense. That’s good for people who can’t digest a ton of food at once like me. For example, I eat 3 or so clif bars after a 2 hour bike ride. Exercising burns a lot of calories!

51. March 28th, 2014 at 7:48 am

Hidden Garbage, Vanessa? Every single ingredient is listed on these packages. If the ingredients are “hidden” it’s because you’re too lazy to bother to look.

52. March 30th, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Someone look up Raw Revolution bars.
    Organic, Vegan, Kosher, and Gluten Free. Their cherry/chocolate is wonderful. Is heavy in protein, so know when to eat them. Their natural ingredients should have got them on this list.

53. March 31st, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I like Oorja Bars. Recently launched. I happen to sample them at a demo event and purchased couple of boxes. Their nutritional profile is the best. I have tried Quest. But these are better. They have far lower sodium and no weird tasting sucralose/stevia. Strongly recommended.

54. April 5th, 2014 at 8:24 am

There are many bars out there. I am always looking for new organic bars with high quality ingredients that do not use bad sweeteners like Agave or Cane Sugar. Currently still using Garden Of Life Raspberry Greens bar, the only bar I can still eat after many months of using it. I have tried quite a few others over the years, but that’s my favorite.

55. April 12th, 2014 at 8:50 am

I bought KIND and the Chia bars. They’re both good.
    But I am surprised at the recommendation of the QUEST bar.
    It has erythritol and stevia in it and frankly was too sweet for my taste.
    I also felt dizzy afterwards and sufferers from the digestive side effect of erythritol. I don’t recommend this one from taste or health standpoint.

56. April 13th, 2014 at 6:17 am

THE best bars imo (taste and nutrition both) are the low sugar kind bars. Dark chocolate, nuts and sea salt are my favorite. All the other flavors are good too. 200 calories, all packed with nutricious goodness. Just be sure to check ingredients on anything you buy.

57. April 15th, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Wait, fructose is bad… as in the banana I just ate is bad for me?? Somehow I don’t think this could be true.

58. April 21st, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Protein bars can be one of the worst foods for you. Many are filled with sugar, and those that are not are filled with artificial sugar. If you can’t pronounce what is in it, you probably shouldn’t eat it. There are a few good brands. One of my favorite is Cliff bars, but the only time I eat it is if I am extremely hungry and there are no other food options. Whole foods are best. Instead of bars, I reach for bananas, apples, oranges, and nuts to keep my energy up when I am on the road.

59. April 24th, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I love KIND bars! You have to pay attention to the labels, because they are not all nutritionally the same. The Madagascar Vanilla Almond bars are the best though – only 4g sugar and 7g protein.

60. April 29th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

i love Nutrilite meal and snakc bars.. Lovee lovee lovee it.. the best.. :) :D tastes sooo good and has alot of nutritional stuffs in it.. love it..! :)

61. May 27th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I have researched true nutritional bars for a long time as I use them for hiking. Far and away the only really high nutrition low sugar bars I found was a product from the US called Pulse. Unfortunately I can no longer find them in Australia but if you do go to the US…..

62. May 28th, 2014 at 10:57 am

I LOVE the Quest bars and am so glad they made the list!!!!

63. May 29th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

You serously need to specify that you are strictly viewing this from a weight loss perspective. The goal of nutrition is…nutriment. A calorie load is a big part of what I’m looking for from these things.

64. June 4th, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Sucralose is the sweetener used for Quest bars.

Not good.

65. June 18th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Those Quest bars sound pretty good other than the fact that they have at least 10% of the salt you need for the day. It has 250mg of Sodium compared to 20mg for the #1 bar from Kind. Of course Quest beats Kind on protein, fiber, and sugar. Seems like you just trade one evil for the other with any of these.

66. June 18th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

HAHAHA, dumb ass, fruit sugar is the most healthiest natural occurring sugar, white sugar I guarantee you will make you much fatter, and obese, and ugly then fruit sugar….do your research better, my god people like you who believe internet shit will never get anywhere good if you continue to believe that. Oh by the way my friend is on a eat only fruit diet, and GUESS WHAT! She lost 50 lbs.

67. June 23rd, 2014 at 2:20 pm

You lost your credibility when you blamed fruit for making us obese and lazy. Ever hear of Michael Arnstein. And who wants to load up on Whey over dried fruit?

68. June 24th, 2014 at 11:32 am

Interesting theory about fruit making you fat. Now google fruitarians, who eat fruit almost exclusively, and see if you can find a fat one. Then make a reminder for yourself to not publish such damaging misinformation in the future.

69. July 10th, 2014 at 1:25 am

Whoever wrote this article is NOT a nutrition professional, and is not a reliable source. I am a nutrition major and a lot of things in this article are completely false and contradict what I have learned even in basic classes. Calories are not the most important thing to judge food by, INGREDIENTS are. Again, the author of this should not be giving nutrition advice and I urge this company to hire people who are qualified in nutrition and exercise sport sciences to write articles!!

70. August 22nd, 2014 at 7:22 am

Here is one you probably haven’t heard about, check it out on their website, http://www.ebars.com/ and while you are at it check out the website of this expert on healthy transformation, http://www.johnjubilee.com You will be glad you did.

71. October 12th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

What about Medfast and Atkins bars???

72. November 16th, 2014 at 5:17 am

I have to completely disagree with you on PRO-BAR review…… When a company goes out of its way to put in large capital letters (MEAL REPLACEMENT ENERGY BAR) right on the front of the wrapper, While still being (vegan) friendly, certified organic and NoN-GMO and to boot using 100% dairy free while still providing 8g protein & 5g fiber and plenty carbs for energy to get you through a tough workout, yoga class, shopping, hiking or work day. These bars are absolutely great choice for someone on the go and did not have time to plan out a healthy meal to get through the day and very tasty. With Omega 3 & 6 to boot. (NO SUGAR ALCOHOLS EITHER)…

73. juliana
    December 16th, 2014 at 7:12 am

In my experience the best bars are questbars and then right after clif bars with atkins bars as a top 3.
    I just hate how expensive quest bars normally are. I found that the cheapest i ever bought were at iherb for 44 dollar for 2 packages. it was with a coupon though. i can recommend the cookie dough and the oreal bar.. amazing!!