Starbucks’s Evolution Fresh juices launch in New York

StarbucksA green juice with your Venti Mocha Latte? No problem.

Starting today, Starbucks will begin selling six of its Evolution Fresh cold-pressed juices—like Super Green and Pineapple Coconut Water—in its New York City stores.

The coffee juggernaut opened its first juice bar in the Seattle area last March (hopefully they’ve learned to spell vegetable since then) and recently expanded production and distribution of its bottled juices on the West Coast. But this is Starbucks’s first step onto the buzzing New York City juice scene. They’ll be holding free tastings at close to 200 stores from Thursday through Saturday.

While the juices are cold-pressed, they have an extended shelf-life thanks to a new technology (that BluePrint also uses), so you won’t see baristas operating a Breville anytime soon. And, wait for it, the prices range from $3.95-$5.95. What?!

While health-savvy New Yorkers will most likely stick to their super-fresh faves—like Juice Press and Organic Avenue—it may encourage others to down some liquid kale, especially at that price point.

Would you trust Starbucks with your green juice? Tell us, in the Comments below.

1. February 13th, 2013 at 9:39 am

I tried these in San Francisco – they are amazing. The price is right and so convenient.

2. February 13th, 2013 at 10:02 am

At frist I was a skeptic and assumed Starbucks would find a way to ruin a perfectly healthy green juice – but I’ve tried these juices (while on the west coast) and they are pretty good! Some of the green ones are just as good as other brands. Others are not quite as nutrient dense but with a price point so low, they are definitely going to be competitors in the marketplace.

3. February 13th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Glad to see some lower priced juice. Are the juices raw too or pasteurized?

4. February 13th, 2013 at 11:05 am

The only green juice I would ever drink is the one I make or if it was made right in front of me. I would not spend money on a green juice that is bottled in plastic and on a shelf for more than a few hours.

5. February 13th, 2013 at 11:29 am

I’ve tried the Essential Greens and have to say I’m a huge fan. In a pinch when you need some green juice on the go, it’s definitely a great option. However, when I had it at Starbucks in California, I paid a premium of $6 for mine, so I’m highly doubting the $3.95 price point, at least for the green juice!

6. February 13th, 2013 at 11:36 am

I actually tried one at a SBUX stop through Colorado! I loved it and hope to see every SBUX carry Evolution Fresh Juices!!!

7. February 13th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I don’t see the word organic on the label. Can anyone confirm if they are using all organic produce or not?

8. February 13th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I love how green juice is becoming more convenient. I have digestive issues and drinking my vegetables is essential for me, so I am excited to try these! Also, being available at Starbucks should inspire people to pick one up to try it who otherwise wouldn’t have thought to.

9. February 13th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Just went to Starbucks and got the Sweet Green with Lemon, it was 5.95 and tasted exactly like the BPC green juice, just 4 dollars cheaper! yay!! And after every 12 one is free for gold star members :) yay!

10. February 14th, 2013 at 9:42 am

I’d rather go hungry than eat any of Starbuck’s very stale pastries or their disgusting pre-packaged lunches which always look like they’ve been hanging out for a few weeks in the fridge, so I have to say I am a skeptic. IF they are organic, then I may try one especially since Juice Press and the like charge an insane amount of money for their juices.

11. August 5th, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Delicious I bought one at Starbucks for about 5.00 dollars. I was shocked it was good. I’m buying more at Sprouts Market!!!